Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Dear Doctor,

  1. #11
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar
    Thats wonderful thaat she likes to read. Thats a good thing, I love to read my self. I'm reading the biggest Harry Potter book yet. Reading is fundamentel!!

    Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    THAT"S WONDERFUL! I would encourage her to read as much as she can! Unfortunantly most kids her age have never picked up a book. Good for her! Maybe you could give her some ideas for her own story. She could pick one of her favorite charecters and write another story for her.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MorknMindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I'm glad Nicolle is reading so much. She's always been advanced in reading but I'm amused that she's become so obsessed with these books. I wish I had more time to read them too. I guess I need to use some of that vacation time I have saved up just to get all my books read. If only I could be 11 again and have that much free time!

    Mindy

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Ima AG Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2003
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear Concerned Mom in MO,

    Your daughter has "bookworm's disease." Sypmtoms: reading for hours at a time and finishing a book every hour to hour and a half.
    Diaognosis: MORE BOOKS! Will bring joy and happiness

  5. #15
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does bookworm disease lead to code fever?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, I've suffered from bookworm disease all my life. My only real chore when I was little was to set the table for supper. Can't tell you how many books I had confiscated (temporarily) because I kept putting off doing it until the "next chapter"! My favorite thing is still to spend a day in bed reading. When the 4th HP book came out -- that gigantic one -- I got home from the bookstore at 1 in the afternoon and read nonstop until 5:30 the next morning. Couldn't quite finish HP #5 in one sitting because it was even longer, but I tried!

    When your daughter finishes AG books I would recommend introducing her to the "Swallows and Amazons" series by Arthur Ransome. There are about 10 books in all. My two favorites are "Winter Holiday" and "We Didn't Mean to Go to Sea". The Go to Sea book describes the adventures of 5 children who accidentally find themselves sailing alone from the English coast to Holland overnight. I just love to read up to the point where the boat loses its anchor. Then I stop and wait until I can stay up all night (on a Friday) and read the story about the voyabe all night long, so it feels like you're really living through it.
    Signed (anonymouse) Bookaholic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •